Auditions for THE BEAUTIFUL DARK by Erik Gernand / Directed by Suzan Kurry will be held on Thursday, November 13th @ 7pm and Saturday, November 15th @ 1pm. Auditions will be held at the MercLab, 930 North Fair Oaks Avenue (East Washington at Fair Oaks, behind Broadway Tire). Auditioners will be asked to read from the script; no other preparation is necessary.
Please see the show’s synopsis on Mercury’s 2014-15 Season page.
Erik Gernand is a Chicago playwright whose work was previously produced by Mercury Players in 2010′s Mercury Rising play competition. Director Suzan Kurry worked with Mercury Players on Skin Tight by Gary Henderson last season.
6 roles are available:
- NANCY – 40s, female, a high school principal
- TOM – 40s, male, Nancy’s ex-husband, a cop
- JACOB – 18, male, Nancy & Tom’s eldest son
- CHARLIE – 13, male, Nancy & Tom’s youngest son
- SYDNEY – 18, female, a college student
- MR. MARSH – 60s, male, a teacher at Nancy’s school
Advance copies of the audition material will be available from the producer one week prior to the auditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions for the director may be sent any time to email@example.com